NERF Roughcut Wood Stock

I've done a few wood grip integrations on NERF pistol sized blasters in the past - mostly Mavericks as well as a few Strongarms and Buzzbee Hunters - but have never done a full rifle or shotgun stock.



Since it has been a few years since I have done anything with wood, I thought I would try a full stock on a NERF Roughcut.



This is a completely hand cut and hand shaped stock - not some existing stock that was taken from another gun and then attached to the blaster. I started with a SAWZALL Reciprocating Saw to rough out the shape, then went to various grades of wood files and rasps, and finally some sandpaper. 

It's anchored using a large eye-bolt drilled deep into the handle, which was then set with epoxy - and has a machine bolt coming from the outside which threads through the eye-bolt internally. There are two other small bolts anchored into the grip to further reinforce and stabilize this custom attachment. You can see the machine bolt on the outside of the shell, on the body, directly above the trigger. 

The stock is far from finished - it needs some final shaping and sanding - as well as numerous coats of Polyurethane. I also still need to figure out some kind of wood priming handle for the pump-action foregrip. 

I plan to engrave some kind of scrollwork on the sides, paint it some variation of metallic and add rust and weathering. The goal is for some kind of Post-Apoc type Steam/Diesel/Cyberpunk variation - depending on what parts I can dig up/what looks good to my eye. 

Anyway, for now I thought I would post the work in progress shots.