Sky Pirate (Buzz Bee Hunter) Pistol Progress

A couple years back I created a Sky Pirate (Himmel Pirat) pistol based on a Buzz Bee Hunter Bolt-Action rifle. It featured a copper barrel with a breach cut out. I really liked how the finished piece turned out, but the grip wasn't as comfortable as I would have preferred. With this in mind I always planned on doing another variant, but with more of a traditional black powder or "Pirate" type handle.


You can see the first version in the upper left, followed by the early v2 WIP. Last week I finally finished the wood grip. I also weathered the new copper with vinegar and salt -- letting it sit over night to darken the metal. (I am planning a small write-up on how to age copper in the near future)


It now has a base coat of dark paint and needs to be detailed. The barrel and bolt will be painted by hand. The paint can rub off of the bolt when it is primed as it rubs against the green portion of the shell, so I'll add some Polyurethane to this part of the paint to give it extra durability. 

I'll add updates to this piece as I make progress.