NERF Mod - Rapidstrike "SCARstrike" Project

 

While waiting for a delivery of crucial Tac Gear hardware I had time to actually work on one of my personal projects. Here are some of the latest shots of my SCARstrike. (FN-Herstal SCAR-L + NERF Rapidstrike = SCARstrike) 

Essentially I crammed Rapidstrike internals into a 1:1 scale SCAR-L Airsoft body. No jam door! We’ll see how it all works out. 

 



Clip release and mag well finished. blade 180 motors installed, new rev trigger and a tiny Eflite 11.1v 1250mha 3S Lipo installed. As seen in the last pic, the battery will be semi-permanent, with charging cables accessible by opening the folding stock. Still need to add the internal connectors. Everything is pretty much ready to be soldered. I still need to figure out the suppressor - I want a big orange safety tip. 

 
(I hold the blasters together with tape as I work on them - this minimizes wear and damage to the plastic screw holes or “bosses” - instead of screwing and unscrewing I simply tape it together) .