NERF Combat Loadout - HvZ Loadout



This is my current basic HvZ loadout. My first attempt trying to go for a professional tactical gear type shot. We call it "Full Spectrum NERF Warrior".

Most current Special Forces troops have found that carrying equipment on the legs leads to increased fatigue. Instead of large leg rigs or MOLLE panels on the thigh soldiers are moving everything up onto the chest or body. Realistically HvZ missions are no where near as long nor as brutal as real combat deployment, so increased "fatigue" isn't really an issue for NERF soldiers...

My chest rig has 6x18 capacity in the front three mag pouches. It features two integrated weapon slings attached directly the the chest rig. (they're hard to make out under the backpack straps) Everything except the two dump pouches on my belt is placed and carried up on the body - on the chest rig. The Hammershot holster is integrated into the side. 

I am using a hydration backpack - essentially a backpack with a water bladder or "camel back" water bag. I highly recommend a Camelback or similar hydration pack for games.

One new feature I am trying out on the Hammershot holster is a shock cord/bungee securing strap. This seems to help with one handed drawing and holstering over the traditional thumb-snap or quick release buckle.

Below is what I had *hoped* to use for the upcoming Nation vs Zombies event this summer. Unfortunately I had to sell the Rapidstrike and Hammershot. I've still got my Stryfe PDW and a few other blasters I can use.  I upgraded my generic foam blade for a longer fancy rubberized Japanese "katana" blade - you know, like that badass "Michonne" from The Walking Dead.

 

Finally, for comparison, below is my previous loadout from 2015. You can see this is set up more like a "Heavy" with the total of 10x18 + 1x35 compared to my current 7x18 loadout. (That's 225 darts vs 126) I can always add a Stryfe with a drum or two as a secondary.