NERF Mod - 7 Round NERF Hammershot

I finally received my 3D printed 7 shot Hammershot cylinder from China. Wrapped nicely in a bunch of bubble wrap - It’s just like the picture in the ad. 

Note that this was the first of four (4) seven shot cylinders I have purchased. There is an update on this cylinder here, and an overview of all four different cylinders here

It doesn’t have any posts in the barrels - so this thing is “stefan ready” and can handle most common dart types. 

Of course I had to shave the grip – I hate those freaking zombie rags on the Hammershot.


It works, well… OK. I noticed that you need to use new darts in order to have a snug fit in the barrels. When I used old Elite darts some of them would fall out. You can see the finish is not smooth - so there is some friction in the barrels. It works well with Koosh darts, those new K’Nex K-Force darts, Elites, Zombiestrike, etc. It DOES NOT work with Zuru’s Xshot Bug Attack darts - they fall right out of the barrels and don’t even make a seal. They simply cannot be fired from this cylinder (but they do work in a stock/unmodified Hammershot)

One apparent weakness it has which is stated in the Ebay ad; if you turn the cylinder when the blaster is primed, it will break the drive sprocket. I've never actually turned a cylinder on any Hammershot when it has been primed, so I wasn't too concerned. It hasn't broken yet... 

I would add the caveat that I wouldn’t use these if I was a dual-wielding Hammershots - or if I relied heavily on my single Hammershot. Since my Hammershot is my tertiary I am not too concerned about the fit of the darts/the need to make sure you use new/tight fitting darts, etc. 

So in summary, if you are OK with using new(er) darts every outing, this cylinder will give you two extra shots. This is no problem for me because I like to use new darts at every outing. (saving a few dollars to reuse old darts is just plain silly IMHO - when new darts help you stay alive) These two extra shots may not seem like much - but when your human existence depends on every dart, it might just save your life. 

As with any new part or mod kit I always hammer on them in the living room and then in daylight take them outside and put them through their paces. Once I’ve used it during several outings, dropped it and kicked it around I’ll have a better idea of durability. My luck it will break right when I need it the most. 


Update on this piece here.