NERF Mod - My New Rapidstrike Primary Project

I haven't done any custom blasters for a while and wanted to make an "ULTIMATE" series Rapidstrike. I keep seeing blasters on Ebay and Etsy that are basically just painted guns with a high price tag -- I've seen painted Hammershots going for 250 bucks, or painted steampunk guns going for 290+. 

I want to offer NERF fanatics a chance to own one of my ULTIMATE series blasters with an array of upgrades, enhancements and custom improvements. In my humble opinion these will be blasters that are actually WORTH paying 250 bucks for. 

 The idea on this project was for a voltage modified Rapidstrike with reduced weight, a more balanced design (not so nose heavy by switching to smaller batteries and moving the battery box to the middle), and with increased accuracy (using a slightly longer barrel). This one can run either 7.4 or 11.1 volts using two or three Efest IMR batteries.

Here it is below my other primary. All the parts are just resting loosely in place at this point.That's my kitten's tail at the top.





Here I've got the front shroud attached and aligned. I was still waiting on the M4 stock attachment at this point. The plan is for a desert tan worker stock, but I am using this older stock for now in the mock-up. Note the alignment of the barrel extension and upper rail. Alignment is important in these barrel extension mods.
 

Here it is assembled, with battery pack, sling mount, stock, barrel, shroud and full size grip.I am planning on a desert tan scheme with USMC Digital Desert camo on the body. The top rail will be left black to reduce sun glare and minimize eye fatigue.  


Update on this piece here and a some final pics here.